GRAND FLOWER & VEGETABLE SHOW
SATURDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2004
After a disastrous summer and against all the odds the show this year at St. Aelreds' School was a great success. With 72 exhibitors and 430 actual exhibits it was certainly one of the best shows we have staged in recent years
The prizes were presented this year by our Vice President Jane Davies and here we see her presenting Stuart Clensy with the Gordon Brooks Trophy and the Lewis's Ice Cream Cup. Our Chairman Richard Jeacock is looking on
The main prize winners were:-
- Gordon Brooks Trophy for most points in the show, Lewis's Ice Cream Cup for most points in the Flower Section, National Dahlia Society silver and bronze medals, and the Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal.
- H.K. Jeacock Trophy for most points in the Chrysanthemum Section, National Chrysanthemum Society silver medal for the exhibit of most merit in the Chrysanthemum Section, and Garden News Shield for the Best Exhibit in the Show.
- British Gladiolus Society medal for the best exhibit in the Gladiolus Section.
- National Vegetable Society silver medal for the most meritorious vegetable exhibit in the show.
- Royal National Rose Society bronze medal for the best exhibit in the Rose Section.
Garden News Top Tray awards
Gold and silver - Albert Lyon
Bronze - Peter Dorman
Garden News Top Vase awards
Gold - Don Sutcliffe
Silver - Stuart Clensy
Bronze - Chris Nightingale
Ian Burns, main winner in the Chrysanthemum Section receives his prizes from Jane Davies